Every since Monique, who trades as Morgan Le Fae’s Trinkets on Etsy and has the Facebook Group Lady Falcon Traveler’s Notebooks began doing painted notebook covers I have hankered for one.
I have previously written about her painted covers here – and showed some of my favourites.
Well, in June I made a very special order from Monique.
- 3mm saddle leather
- 1 x A4 cover
- 1 x A5 cover
- 1 x Regular Size (RS) cover
- 1 x RS wallet (3 card pockets and 1 large to one side and a wallet compartment on the other side)
- A4/A5/RS bookmarks – 2 per book
- 3 x Pen-loops (1 for each TN)
- 1 x plain insert per book
- 1 x leather bookmark tag with name on it per book
- to be painted with a picture I had sent Monique.
The picture means a great deal to me as the original was created by a very good friend. Monique seemed to sense this, which I think is part of the reasons her work is so inspired on these covers. I am absolutely thrilled and can’t wait to see them.
I am ever so grateful to Monique for taking so many beautiful photographs for me to show her process. I have included many of them in this article but she took so many more, just so I could see everything. If anyone would like to see ALL the photographs in a separate post, just pop a note in the comments below and I will do it for you 🙂
Monique I cannot thank you enough!
Beautiful, beautiful notebooks! What treasures. And her photos…I can almost hear background music and smell the paints and stain! Janet, may I ask the name of the painting? It’s remarkable.
It was originally called Terrible Beauty 🙂