I have written about Tiger Stores before. I really like Tiger because they sell clean Scandinavian designs at really good prices. The quality is not always the best (though most things are pretty well made) but you can buy things to brighten up your home (and yourself) at prices that won’t break the bank. A pop of something new and unusual makes a world of difference.
One thing they do make that is of great quality is their stationery. They always have interesting notebooks, pencil cases, writing implements, stickers, paperclips, little portable offices, and storage solutions at great prices, and they last pretty well. Tiger’s turnover is high and they never have anything for more than a couple of weeks so I have learned that if I like something, I had better pounce.
Today I found traveler’s notebooks which fascinated me.
- They are almost Regular Size – just a teeny bit smaller. This would be great if you like lots of refills but don’t like overhang
- Each one comes with two inserts – one lined and one tiny grid. The paper is creamy and of really good quality, and the booklets are stitched and have Kraft cardboard covers.
- They also have really nice Kraft folders – one side of the folder has a flap pocket with a button closure, and the other side has a conventional pocket.
- There were two kinds – one is patterned and has a turquoise elastic, and the other one is turquoise and has a green elastic. The closure elastic is anchored in the spine. [Update: I later discovered that they had two more covers – green with coral elastic, and black and white diagonal stripes with yellow elastic]
- The cover is what looks to be very thick card with a velvety soft interior.
- My cats were playing rough on the covers and there was not a mark on them afterwards, so they are not too wimpy. It was raining today – heavily – and I could just wipe the droplets off because the cover has a coating on it. Think Mead Composition book, I guess. Those covers last pretty well.
- They also had matching notebooks, pencil cases, pouches and accessories in these colourways.
I really liked the inserts so I got a couple of covers just for those. I will use the covers as archival storage. This would also be ideal for someone on a tight budget or someone who wants to try out the system first.