Acronyms are abbreviations that can be pronounced as words so NATO is an acronym but UN is an abbreviation.
- Bump – the word bump means that the thread will move to the top of the page, thus bumping it up and taking it to the top of the feed. Stands for Bring Up My Post
- Crickets – no one is replying to your post. Not an abbreviation or acronym but I couldn’t resist.
- Cross-posted – means that you have posted the same thing in several different groups
- EC – Erin Condren
- EUC – Excellent Used Condition
- GWP – Gift with Purchase
- HG – Holy Grail (also called a unicorn)
- ISO – In Search Of
- KS – Kate Spade
- LoL – Laughing out Loud
- ONO – Or Nearest Offer
- RAK – Random Act of Kindness (a gift)
- Smh – shaking my head
- WOTP – Week on Two Pages
- PP – Pay Pal
- PPD – Page Per Day
- 1PPD – 1 Page Per Day
- 2PPD – 2 Pages Per Day
- VAT – Value Added Tax – a type of sales tax used in the EU and elsewhere
- And if you see letters and codes on the inside front cover of older Filofaxes instead of a name…..
They had model designations which look a bit like a code. You may see something like this (taken from an eBay auction I saw today): What does this mean?
- The first is a number denoting the number of internal pockets
- The second are at least two letters denoting the type of leather from which the binder is made
- The third letter tells you whether there is a fastener (no F = no fastener)
- The last numbers tell you the ring size in inches.
So this binder has two internal pockets, is made of Moroccan Leather and has a fastener. Some examples of types of leather would be
- BL – Bridle Leather
- CL – Calf Leather
- HL – Hide Leather
- KL – Kid Leather
- ML – Moroccan Leather
- PL – Pigskin Leather
- RH – Reindeer Hide
- SH – Saddle Hide
There is sometimes a J next to the F (if there is one) for Jotter. And some plastic Filofaxes are have a V or VR designation, possibly for Vinyl or Vinyl Rubber So, could you decipher the meaning of the designation below?
And what does TIA mean?
Thanks in advance 🙂
Crickets is a new one on me 😀
Thank you, Janet! When a person puts “bump” on their FB sale or post, does FB automatically recognize that word and move it to the top of the thread? I’ve been wondering about that.
No – any word or comment will do the trick 🙂
hahaha, they are so useful to me! Amused! Two more very naive questions, when we say the most qualited leather hide, what does hide paticularly refer to? And what is LoL>3?
Hide is the skin of an animal and LOL means Laughing Out Loud 🙂