Yesterday I was caught in a sudden epic downpour. When I know or suspect it is going to rain, I take my large umbrella and a coated leather bag with a closed top.
Yesterday, however, it was sunny in the morning, and while I did my shopping. But on the bus on the way home the heavens opened. I was carrying (from the bus stop up 126 steps)
- Michael Kors open-topped bag with my laptop and iPad. This I HAD to cover
- Cath Kidston open-topped bag containing papers, books, files.
- Grocery shopping in a large paper bag
- a 10kg bag of superabsorbent cat litter (!)
- my small Fulton umbrella (not really up to the task
- 2 rather large parcels.
Well, what happened was that one end of my Cath Kidston had water running into it from the edge of my umbrella. My Gillio Medium Epoca Gold Mia Cara was sopping wet in one corner and down the spine.
As you can see, after a couple of hours it was as good as new. This is how good leather wears. I should add also I carry this binder without any protection in my handbag with my keys and my hairbrush, I never apply any protection or moisturizing products to my leather items.