I want to say a big thank you to Barbara for posting her bag for us to look at. I have envy for all those internal pockets!
I am so grateful I have readers who have been sharing their bags.
The big red bag isn’t the most stylish bag I own and I would have preferred metal zippers, but it’s HUGE (I realize that’s not a plus for everyone, but it often is for me) yet pretty light (I guess metal zippers would make it heavier, things that make you go hmmm), the color is an easy way to break up the monotony of dark cold weather clothes, the leather is of decent quality, and it has the biggest number of inner compartments and pockets I’ve ever seen in a handbag. I only use a couple of them but I like having the many options. 🙂 The bag was made by a small family-run business in Moravia and I bought it online about five years ago.
What I currently carry inside:
- makeup bag, which, in addition to several cosmetic products and one emergency painkiller pill, contains two pens, tissues, hand sanitiser, a piece of plaster (or “adhesive bandage”), a hair tie, barrettes, manicure scissors, a glass nail file, an old and comically tiny Swiss Army “knife”, a dark grey-greenish stone from a “Samurai garden” in Japan, a small brightly colored plastic bird, and a vintage sterling silver powder compact / mirror that I got from my mother when I was 20 years old
- hair brush
- book – whoever read it in any language will probably recognize it by the cover design, and I’d be very interested in anyone’s thoughts
- small (and pathetic by your standards, I’m sure) planner with an extra pen [note from Janet: every planner is a good planner!]
- keys with a Czech Airlines keychain
- old red leather purse with a bit of cash, all sorts of cards including my ID, and lots of random pieces of paper
- my “unique” phone
- half a pack of Halls