I received a few emails after my Boot Post yesterday, with the question – Frye or Grinders?
When it comes to the Harness boots they are much of a muchness but as a general rule, Grinders are more Dr Martens whereas Frye are more R Soles. Grinders is an English brand whereas Frye is an American brand, so they are easier to find and cheaper in their ‘home’ countries. I prefer Frye myself.
I have 12 R Frye Harness Boots and some tips are – when you buy them note:
- they are US sizes so check with a conversion table if you are not used to the sizing
- they tend to run a bit big so try a half size down from what you usually wear
- break them in by wearing them in the evenings when your feet are swollen
- if they are too big wear thick socks
- the heel tends to be spacious
- they are heavy so don’t buy if you like light footwear
- the 8r is easier to get your foot into
- I prefer a Cuban heel
- they are men’s boots sized down for women so they are clunky
- easy to find on ebay but beware of fakes
Miley Cyrus wears hers a lot so here are some pics, followed by 2 candids.
Here come some Grinder Harness Boots so you can see the difference