Tan Belmonts in all three sizes

When teaching collective nouns to a class today, I mentioned some of the strange ones – an ostentation of peacocks, a murder of crows, a parliament of owls, a knot of frogs and a skulk of foxes.

That made me wonder what the collective noun for a group of binders would be. What do you think the collective noun for Belmonts would be? They are made of gorgeous leather with very western stitching and look like workhorses. A brace of Belmonts?

photo 1-3

photo 2-3

photo 3-4

Author: Janet Carr

Fashion, beauty and animal loving language consultant from South Africa living in Stockholm, Sweden.

5 thoughts

  1. What do you use your Pocket size Filofaxes for, Janet? I’ve got a few, including an Ebony Deco I absolutely adore, but I find myself perpetually restless when in a Pocket and I quickly more to either Personal or A5.

  2. Hmmm, I remember learning at school that belmont means something like beautiful mound or hill or something. There is a Belmont Road near to the school I attended, which is a road off of a steep hill. So maybe a ‘beauty of belmonts’? I think I will look up the origins!

Leave a Reply