- Do you see lots of people you know when you look awful but when you look stunning you don’t see a soul?
- Is everything I like discontinued? My husband once had to carry 27 discontinued bras back from the US for me.
- Does it rain when you have your hair done?
- Does public transport have problems on the very day you are running late?
- Do you get spots just before an important function?
- Are the nicest tasting things so fattening?
- Do you press a lift or traffic light button again when things seem to be taking long, as though repeatedly pressing the button will speed things up?
- Does the shortest queue suddenly stop moving the moment you join it?
- Do things go on sale the day after you buy them?
It’s all because of a law of nature. There are various names for this law – Murphy’s law, S*d’s law, the ‘butter side down rule’…
“anything which can go wrong, will go wrong”.
Because that’s life…