Someone asked me for a reveal of the contents of my makeup bag a while ago. This has taken so long as the contents of my makeup bag are very uninteresting and my makeup bag has very little makeup in it.
I hardly wear any makeup (lipstick, mascara, eyeliner) so my makeup bag contains everything I need to keep my students and myself comfy during the long days.
From left to right:
- Nail clippers I got free from Yves Rocher ages ago. They contain a nail file and nail cleaner as well. I don’t clip my toenails on the bus or anything like that but it is really annoying to tear a nail during the day and have nothing with which to rectify the situation.
- Pill box from Paris, containing vitamins and aspirin
- Little pot of Creme de la Mer
- Glasses cleaning wipes
- Cotton Buds
- Tiny tube of Neutrogena Hand Cream (got it free in a magazine)
- Revlon lipstick
- Blax hair elastics
- YSL Kajal pencil
- Max Factor brow pencil in Hazel
- Yves Rocher 360° mascara in black (I usually use mini tubes but this is full-size)
- All kept in a shiny plastic makeup bag – a cheap one from Harrods
I travel light!
Below is a photograph where I am wearing more makeup than usual. It was at a concert to celebrate King Carl XVI Gustaf‘s 40 years on the throne. The whole royal family would be there so I wanted to look better than I usually do. I probably had foundation, blusher and eyeshadow in addition to my usual lipstick, eyeliner and mascara.
I wore a dress and shoes I found at a vintage store about two hours before the event, a lucite bracelet I got free in a magazine as a necklace, and a red pashmina.