I have always had many different large bags for work, and one small bag for evening events. My last few months of working in 2019 found me suffering from tennis elbow, and carpal tunnel syndrome in my wrist. It was agonising and I had to sleep in an elbow brace because I was in so much pain. Working from home during the pandemic helped me heal, and since then I have carried only small bags or light backpacks. For months I just carried a phone, keys, and a pack of tissues. At the moment I am using:
- two small crossbody bags – one light in colour, one dark. I use one every day.
- backpack – waterproof for when I have to carry paper. I no longer carry my computer with me.
- an evening bag in black leather
- several Longchamp le Pliage bags for travelling, shopping, work. I try to avoid overfilling them.
If I had to have an ultimate handbag wardrobe, I would include:
- light canvas backpack with a top that is easy to get into, and broad padded straps
- open top shoulder tote – my ultimate tote would be a Vuitton Neverfull GM in the traditional monogramme
- Large Longchamp le Pliage tote in black with tan leather straps for travelling, shopping, work
- medium to small crossbody bag
- small evening bag in black