My cousin ALWAYS makes me her famous No Fail Chocolate Cake
- Pour 1 cup boiling water onto ½ a cup of cocoa and leave to cool
- Mix 1¾ flour, 1½ cups sugar and 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Make a hole in centre and add cocoa mixture, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 4 unbeaten egg yolks and ½ cup cooking oil
- Mix well
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites (the egg whites must be stiffly beaten and when you fold them in don’t overdo it – only fold in until you see no white)
- Pour mixture into 2 x 9″ sandwich cake tins and bake in 350°F oven for 25 minutes.
And for the icing
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon soft butter/margarine
- a little boiling water(about 3 to 4 teaspoons ), to mix it all together.