My life changes quite a bit when things calm down over summer. Usually I live by my schedule. Every block of time has to be accounted for and I do not know where I am or what I am doing without my calendar with me. I usually carry a ring organiser which I use as my wallet. It has a calendar in front, pages with to do lists behind that, maps and plastic envelopes holding vouchers, hole reinforcers, articles, client details etc.
Over summer things change quite a lot because I have almost no meetings and work mainly at home, translating. So I don’t need my schedule with me all the time. This is a huge relief because carrying it with me all day and every day gets rather boring.
So then I usually switch to a Traveler’s notebook or a pocket binder.
This year it is a regular sized TN from Strawberry Notebook with a flooring pattern on it. I love this one as it is getting so nice and soft and the work that went into all the flooring details was epic.
In it I have
- 1 plastic zip pouch holding pens and stationery
- 1 plastic zip pouch holding spare elastics and a usb
- 3 kraft folders holding the to do lists from my ring organiser, various notes and scraps of paper
- 1 Midori lightweight notebook with general lists
- 1 Ray Black free calendar with daily to do lists
- 1 Midori lightweight notebook with travel details (I always travel in July)
- 1 Kraft notebook with my translation work detailed