Van Der Spek is a unique planner producer in that it offers almost full customization of your binder at extremely reasonable prices.
You can choose:
- leather and leather colour for both outside and inside
- to have your binder widened to accommodate Franklin Covey inserts
- ring size – 25mm or 35mm for A5, 25mm or 30mm for Personal size
- an optional leather flyleaf
- an optional leather flyleaf with zipper
- an optional extra pen loop
- an optional internal pocket configuration change
- to have no stiffener in the binder
Very unusually, you do everything via email, which create personal contact between company and customer. Despite this, turnaround time is quick and you will have your binder a matter of weeks after you initiate contact with the company, depending on backlog.
This week there were some very exciting reveals – firstly, 30mm rings are now available in personal size. Previously these were only available in some personal-sized vintage Filofax models (such as the Cavendish and Portland Grand) and some zipped personal sized Filofaxes (such as the Cuban). It makes a huge difference to have that extra size in the rings.
And there were also new finishes and skins announced – some gorgeous ostrich colours and also a new saffiano-like finish.
And if anyone doubts the durability of these binders, here is my 20 year old A5: