We got back to Sweden at about midnight on Sunday. I felt totally recharged and re-energised. I am not sure if it was the sun and heat that did it, or being able to get away from my 24/7 work from home situation. Living and working in the same space had started to take its toll, and the cold, dark winter was not helping.
Sweden has no mask mandate but in Tenerife we wore masks all the time, had to show our Covid passports several times, and using hand disinfectant is public spaces is mandatory.
On our penultimate day we went on a quadbike excursion which was great fun. We did it in the middle of a Calima so we were very dusty when we got home!
The company was Quad Excursions Tenerife and they were great.
- The booking agent was very clear, concise, and repeated the instructions several times to be sure we knew everything.
- We had hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tapas lunch in an authentic restaurant in a tiny town was included
- Helmets, gloves, warm trousers, and jackets were provided
- The group was small (six quads)
- Instructions were very clear, the company made sure you knew how to drive by testing you, and there were two support vehicles on the 4-hour drive
- We stopped off at some secret little places – a tiny local restaurant and we walked into a beautiful cave
- We learned loads about Tenerife – how the pines grow in such a dry area, and all about volcanoes
- The guides were funny and friendly and treated everyone as though they were special
- I left my jacket at their office and they drove all the way into town at 11pm to get it back to me before we left for Sweden. I was so unbelievably grateful.
- A professional photographer – Henri from Big fella Studio – accompanied us and took the most stunning photographs. He really is incredibly talented, and took all the photographs below.
I can really recommend this company. We had a great day.
We are not a very romantic couple but the trip included a professional photographer (Henri from Big Fella Studio) who took pictures of everyone on the trip. They did ‘romantic’ photos of the two couples. We don’t have any of those so we went for it, laughing our heads off throughout.