I am a collector. Evidence of that can be seen from space, I am sure. I collect jewellery, notebooks, stationery, small African puzzle animals, anything with cats on, handbags. I don’t mean to collect, but I do. It just happens. I have one, and then suddenly out of nowhere I realise I have…well, many!
I blame my family. Not the family I was born into but the family I have spent most of my life with. They are all collectors. They collect anything that is collectible. Coke cans, bottle tops, cars, tools, biscuit tins, Wade figurines, plants…..the list is endless.
Collections tend to differ. They can be huge and random. They can be small and carefully curated. They can be limited to different things in the same colour or different colours in the same thing. Or limited to (!) limited editions.
Mine are eclectic. I tend to go for rarities and limited editions. But if I like something and use it a lot, I generally have it in different sizes and colours.
So, when I saw Kasey Spitz’s collection of traveler’s notebooks I almost fell over. It is beautifully, carefully curated and primarily composed of custom items and items that are no longer produced.
Many of them appealed directly to me – for example the David Bowie one (because I love David Bowie!), the Alice in Wonderland one (a whimsical, colourful trifold predominantly in blues – what’s not to love!), the Tardis one, the painted Lady with the Fan.
Kasey kindly gave me permission to use her photographs. Thank you Kasey! If you wish to follow her she is @keykeylaroux on Instagram and YouTube.
Okay so to get to Kasey’s description of the photo below
For those who wanted to see my “collection”. I destashed a lot but these are the beauties I can’t let go of! Most are customs or not being sold anymore… Here they are in order from left to right: they are all standard size unless noted otherwise.
- Altguild Steampunk Thor
- Altguild Princess Bride
- Altguild River Song
- Altguild Labyrinth
- Altguild Nightmare Before Christmas
- Altguild Neverending Story (wide)
- Up & Away Studios Alice in Wonderland (wide trifold)
- Midori camel – standard and passport
- Morgan Lefae ‘Lady with Fan’ custom
- Jonelifish trifold distressed Red
- Morgan Lefae ‘Vintage on Fire’
- Foxyfix Avalanche
- Onica Hanby Damask- Turquoise ombre
- Peppermint Doxie Rambler (my very 1st)
- Vintage Park 2014 hobo cover (A5)
- Navy (Doctor Who) 2016 hobo cover (A6)
Bottom Row: all passports + one A6
- Peppermint Doxie Rambler Custom Red
- Peppermint Doxie Rambler Husky Pumpkin
- Peppermint Doxie Rambler Custom yellow
- Peppermint Doxie Rambler Molly Moss
- Peppermint Doxie Rambler Custom Green
- Peppermint Doxie Rambler Custom Icy Teal
- Peppermint Doxie Rambler Custom Purple
- Peppermint Doxie Pilot Black
- Zenkraft Psychedelic A6