Today I removed the worn, well-used pages of 2020 from my Louis Vuitton MM Agenda, and added the pristine inserts for 2021.
2020 has carried with it many events, not all of them good. My pages were unusually well-used and there were many times where I would not have been able to function without them. I worked more than every this year, but in a very different way. We renovated, styled, listed and sold one apartment. We moved out of a second apartment and bought a third, our dream home. We adopted another cat. We travelled to Ireland but had to cancel two trips to South Africa. I lost two close friends, one to COVID-19. Another friend is at the moment terminally ill. COVID has decimated families, economies and industries. I have so many mixed feelings looking back. And much trepidation looking forward.
Will next year be worse? Or will things go back to normal?
My inserts are pretty much the same as they always are.
- at the front is an entire year of my beloved Burde week on two pages calendar inserts. This is where I schedule all my lessons (up to 8 per day). This layout gives me a good overview of the week.
- behind those inserts go cream Filofax day per page inserts for my daily to dos. I put three months’ at a time in my binder, and remove each page as it is over. Anything I have not done is transferred to another day or to the…
- lined Filofax notepaper I put behind the day per pages. This is for notes, longer term to-dos, information I need.
- four plastic pockets holding stamps, receipts, notes, photos, stickers
- zippered pocket holding supermarket trolley tokens, change for toilets, paper clips, and locker key for work