At the moment I am using my Proenza Schouler Large PS1 in Purple Rain. So many people comment on it because of the colour. It is very hard to take a truly representative photo of this colour as it is on the blue side of violet and tends to look blue in my amateur photographs.
I bought it purely for the colour. I saw one, fell in love and hunted for any bag in the same colour but could not find one that was even close. I put off buying this bag for ages because of the price but in the end I got one on a seasonal sale in December 2012.
It is designed very well for several reasons:
- lots of zippered pockets
- metal zips (I hate nylon zips)
- thick coarse almost canvas lining (I hate satin or thin cotton)
- not plastered with logos
- fits A4
- shoulder strap and briefcase-like handle
- big but does not look it
- works with smart and casual outfits
- very professional shape that can also be dressed down for off-duty wear
The only downside of these bags is that the studs sometimes work loose and the leather on the purple is not as thick and tough as the black for example.
Still, I love it, so here is an orgy of stock photographs which show it in all its glory and depict the correct colour.