Curly hair has its own challenges…
- colour needs to be lighter on curly hair than straight hair to get the same shade because curly hair does not reflect the light as much as straight
- if curly hair is cut when wet, it shortens as it dries, so it needs to be left longer to achieve the same length as a shorter cut would achieve on straight hair
- you tend to use far less shampoo than conditioner which is a problem with brands who have large shampoo and small conditioner in matching sets
- you cannot brush it when dry or it just poufs out
- you need to keep the touching of hair to a minimum because moisture from your hands makes it frizzy
- it is often porous so colour (even temporary colour) ‘grabs’
- there are many different types of curls, even on the same head.