As much as I would like to have a wardrobe full of different and exciting clothes, the things I wear all tend to be very much the same. When I do make an effort to buy something that I would normally never wear, it ends up never being worn.
I have never quite figured out whether it is because I spent 12 years in a school uniform, or whether it is that I have found my style and know what I look good and feel comfortable in.
I can’t wear anything frilly or floral and tend to stick to neutral colours and plain styles. My ‘uniform’ tends to be:
- slim fitting trousers or jeans in grey or black
- black t shirts
- brightly coloured vests (the UK term, not the US one, meaning a singlet)
- black or white slim fitted shirts
- cashmere cardigans in grey or black
- flat riding boots
- low-heeled motorcycle boots (Frye or Grinder) in black
- brogues or plain lace up shoes in black or bordeaux
- flip flops in summer
- black leather jacket
- black underwear
- brightly coloured socks
- plain yellow gold rings, bracelets, earrings and chain necklaces
I ring the changes with all my very (VERY) different handbags and accessories (pashmina shawls, belts by Elliot Rhodes).
So I laughed today when I replaced these worn out old faithfuls. I have had them for about five years now and they are soooooo comfortable.
With these. Aren’t I predictable?
They were 2 for one on sale which I am chuffed about. I was going to buy Dr Martens brogues but these were way cheaper and very comfortable.
And here are the Docs I was going to get.