On its way to me as we speak is a Chic Sparrow All American in Extra Wide (see description and photos from the website below ). I have chosen to have an inscription embossed as well.
Fauxdoris, as non-Midori traveler’s notebook covers are often called (unfairly in my opinion) one area where I feel the imitation or inspiration, is better than the original. They often cost more but the leather and the size are, for me anyway, superior to the Midori. I prefer thick leather (9oz is my preference), wider covers and as many elastics as possible. The original is too floppy and narrow for me and has only two elastics.
Chic Sparrow by Jennifer Harvey has an avid following. She has grown from an Etsy shop to a full-blown webshop offering bags, a VIP service and a growing range of notebook covers.
This beautiful collection is perfect for the person who loves smooth leather that is made to last. The finest leather is chosen for these notebooks using top quality leather that then goes through a number of treatments insureing durability, flexibility and color. The leather is firm but will flex and break in with ease. These are hand crafted for the person with diserning taste.
- Top quality vegtable tanned leather custom made for Chic Sparrow.
- Four Strands of Elastic on all sizes
- Center Spine Closure
- Top Grain Leather With a Silky smooth surface
- Matching Pockets and penloop
- Light colored Stitching
- Pocket Size fits notebooks approximately 3.5” x 5.5”. Most commonly used are Field Notes or Moleskine inserts. Up to 5 inserts less than 1” thick
- Personal Size fit inserts that are 3.7″ x 6.7 and do not exceed more than 1 inch in depth.
- Narrow Size will hold up to 5 standard Midori brand inserts (approximately 4.5” x 8.25”) that are not more than 1” thick.
- Wide Cahier is sized for 5” x 8.25” inserts (usually Moleskine Cahier). At least 4 inserts that do not exceed 1” thick will fit.
- Extra Wide fits Half Sheet sized inserts (5.5” x 8.25”). If inserts do not exceed 1 inch in thickness, it will hold at least
LEATHER WEIGHT: Thickness: 7 to 8oz (3.0-3.7 mm)
Categories: Midori and other Traveler's Notebooks