Well, about three weeks on and things have changed somewhat. Still using both my A5 and this ProPlan Nova compact – the A5 when I work in one place, and the personal when I move around. But, as always happens, I have needed things from my A5 when I was out and about. So more things have migrated to the personal. There are still many things in the A5 – accounts, letters that need to be dealt with, financials etc – but mission control is still my personal. It is with me all the time because it is my wallet so I suppose it is natural that it holds everything I need every day. The problem using an A5 for important things is that it is big and heavy so I tend to leave it at home when I don’t absolutely need it. Recipe for disaster.
The Nova PP in brown leather is holding up beautifully. I did not think it was possible to fit so much into a compact, light binder but it is. And with the Velcro Krause rings, I can change them if they start to malfunction from the strain. I have quite a few pairs of extra rings.
I did have three of these binders but have RAK’d one and sold one so this is the only one I have left. I am going to attempt to find another leather one for if and when this one gives out. These binders are still available in faux skin but I am not sure of the quality.
At the moment I have in it:
1. Diary for 2015 – vertical week to view. It starts from now so I am already using it. This holds all my bookings. I cannot function without this section. To hold the pages together I have a little paperclip from my favourite hotel – the Royal Garden Court in London. The pages have little corner sections you can remove, meaning you don’t need a place marker but I use the clip anyway.
2. Week on two pages normal view for day to day lists.
3. To do lists which I keep week by week and also longterm.
4. Project lists where I keep all the hours I work
5. Clear sleeves for articles, vouchers, receipts
6 Clear credit card sleeves for secondary cards such as store loyalty cards and my medical card
7. In back and front cover slots I have coins, spare keys, cash, a usb stick, stamps, credit cards
8. In clear flyleaf pocket I have my driver’s licence.
9. A fold out mini atlas which I use fairly often when briefing people for visits to other countries.
Categories: Filofaxes and other ring organisers