I just wanted to say another big thank you to everyone who reads my blog and especially those who tell me that they like it. It warms my heart to see that people choose to come and visit my little patch on the internet and that they enjoy their time here.
Thought I would share with you some statistics.
- I first started blogging on Typepad in about 2003.
- I then ran a blog for my work from March 2011 to March 2012
- I bought the thisbugslife.com domain in September 2011 but did not start blogging here until May 2012.
- I started out with an average of 4 views a day in May 2012. I now have an average of 2,500 views a day with peaks in the 3,000s.
- I have 327 followers and have published 1,400 posts
- My most popular posts are – rather surprisingly:
- International Phonetic Alphabet
- Odi the Boerboel
- Boerboels and Rhodesian Ridgebacks – my favourite dogs
- The Tibetan Mastiff (above)
- Spelling Aloud
- A Collection of Phonetic Alphabets and NATO Phonetic Alphabets
- This Bug’s Life Filofax Project
- Losing Weight the Filofax Way – Part 4
- Boerboel Index
- Nelson Mandela Quotes
I think the reason I am so prolific is that I love writing and I love what I write about. I started writing when I was 5 and one of my degrees is in Journalism and English Literature, so for me writing is the most wonderful form of relaxation and pampering – and probably the reason I keep going day after day. I also tend to write very quickly, and thanks to a former career teaching typing to journalism students, I can type blisteringly fast!
I am also on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn (though my LinkedIn profile needs a lot of work). I have a second blog called Gulliver Travels but that one is for private and personal things as I have a stalker on this blog.
Thanks again to everyone who reads me!
Hi Janet, I first started reading your Blog at some point via Philofaxy. I don’t remember when exactly. I started “following” your Blog a few days ago and always find it interesting. I started at the beginning and like your writing style and the stories you tell. Have you ever thought about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month – the month of November). I bought my first Filofax (Black Winchester) in 1992 and have been an avid Filofax user since then as well as digital. It is truly sad to see all of the changes they have made over the years. I am a dog lover (the larger the better) – love the Tibetan Mastiff, good purses and good boots as well. I have a friend/acquaintance relationship with a lovely family from Johannesburg (she works in a shop which is owned/run by the YMCA as a non-profit shop) and she and her son do “readings”. They are all well educated and extremely nice people. I was going to pop over there today but it was just a bit too cold. We have had a lot of -20C/-30C Wind Chill days this winter so no one wants to stay out long. I am also on Facebook and Twitter. I just recently joined Pinterest. Stalkers sound horrible. I wonder why people have to be that way. I have never encountered a Mulberry bag (heard of them before) but that would be a real problem LOL. Wishing you a good weekend. Take care. Pat