Gillio and Filofax are two different brands. They are not threats to each other. Filofax is a huge mass-producing brand known worldwide and has a long history. The brand name is used as a generic now – people refer to their Filofaxes even when they are not actually Filofaxes. Gillio is a niche brand, a cult brand, known only to a few. It is a family-run company with long production times and small runs.
But there are things that each one can learn from each other:
What Filofax could learn from Gillio
- gappy and misaligned rings DO matter
- gold rings are beloved by many
- replaceable rings make a huge difference
- people ARE prepared to pay high prices for quality binders
What Gillio could learn from Filofax
- Discount codes are brilliant and despite losing out on the value of the discount, business and profit will go up anyway due to increased turnover
- Decent postage prices make a huge difference
- Brilliant inserts and accessories (as Gillio’s are) sell well if postage is cheap.
- Several colour options are always good