When a container of beauty product (well, almost any product I suppose) is almost finished, don’t throw it in the bin. Use these tips to get up to a week’s worth of product out of that nearly-empty tube or bottle.
- turn bottles upside down to allow product to collect near the lid
- if the product is very thick and goopy use a sturdy knife (being very careful here of course)to cut plastic bottles and tubes in half and scrape the product out.
- with shampoos and conditioners you can add a little water to the bottle and shake to get the last bits out
- put mascara tubes in which the mascara has dried out into a cup of hot water. This makes it liquid enough to get the last bits out
- use a lip-brush to get into finished lipstick cases to get the last bits out
If you end up with products you don’t like or which don’t suit you
- use conditioner as a shaving cream
- use shampoo or shower gel to wash delicates or as a bubble bath
- use hair serum as lipgloss
- use cream blusher on lips or lids
- mix lipsticks in a waterpainting palette to mix your own shade